8 Health Benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus has so many health benefits, it should be added to the healthy diet. Asparagus is great as a detox vegetable, an anti-aging vegetable, and no surprise - an aphrodisiac, and much more.
The asparagus is a member of the lily family. It grows easily in the home garden right in the flower bed - it is a perennial and can yield a harvest for decades. Asparagus can be planted as seeds or roots any time of the year.
Here is a list of some of the health benefits of asparagus followed by a list further explaining those health benefits.
- can detoxify our system
- has anti-aging functions
- is considered an aphrodisiac
- can protect against cancer
- reduces pain and inflammation
- can prevent osteoporosis and osteoarthritis
- reduces the risk of heart disease
- can help prevent birth defects
I’m gonna get me some Asparagus!